Saturday 17 March 2012

Mothering Sunday!



Hello again
I'm feeling very tired as I hardly slept last night, leg playing up! However, no more moaning, life's too short. I've finished my other baby cards, but thought I'd show you this card first. A Mothers' Day card for Oscar to give to his mum. I'm loving these Bella stamps from Wild Rose Studio.
Stamped "Bella and Flowers" onto a Nestie die-cut, and coloured with Promarkers. Mounted onto a Hunkydory card blank, edged with chalk, with "Bella" backing paper, and striped paper and lemon flower trim from stash. Baby elephant holding sign, and tiny hearts and flowers were cut with a Sizzix die. Stamped sentiment onto Nestie flower, mounted onto paper flower, added dewdrop from Polkadoodles. Finished with lemon satin ribbon and square brad by Woodware.
Unfortunately my mum isn't around any more, and we lost Jims' mum just before Christmas, so this is the first year without a Mum! Feels quite odd. However, my eldest son James, turned up last night with an early Mothers' Day present. He competes in Motocross, and has a meeting on Sunday, to which he did invite me, bless him! Bearing in mind that the last time I went to watch him he got run over, I politely declined! My other son, and daughter, are coming over tomorrow, so should have a nice day. Haven't yet managed to play with my new Joanna "Lace" stamp, so am hoping I find an hour tonight to do so, if I can stay awake.
Just before I go, I'd just like to say to my two mums'-Still missing you, and wishing you were here, and sending lots of love.x And to all mums' everywhere, wishing you all a very happy Mothering Sunday. x

No comments:

Post a Comment